Featured Post

RSS Graphic

Beginner's Guide To RSS

Find out how RSS can deliver content directly to your desktop.

Most everyone in the technology industry has heard about RSS feeds, but according to a recent survey, the general public seems to be having a little bit of trouble understanding what RSS is and how to use it. This post is dedicated to those individuals who want to know a little bit more about what RSS has to offer.

What is RSS?

According to the Wiki, RSS is defined as follows:

More »

Search

Latest Tweet: The lastest news is currently not available.

Tag: RSS

Pimp your house with RSS

Don't believe that RSS is popular right now? Check this out.

October 24th, 2006 at 5:00am — Comments: (0) — By: Jonathan Danylko — Tags: RSS

I had to laugh when I saw this.

However, I am with Mr. Rubel on this. I do love RSS as well. I may need to invest in some new gadgets.

Mr. Rubel over at Micro Persuasion posted an article about how to pimp your auto...errr...I mean, Pimp Every Room in your house with RSS.

More »

CNet reviews a list of RSS Readers

CNet reviews five of the latest RSS readers.

October 18th, 2006 at 6:00am — Comments: (0) — By: Jonathan Danylko — Tags: RSS

Steve Rubel, over at Micro Persuasion, beat me to the post. :-)

Everyone has an RSS reader nowadays, whether it be on- or off-line.

CNET reviews the following products/sites:

More »

Old RSS Links

All of the RSS links on DCS Media.com are currently old...

June 10th, 2006 at 12:14pm — Comments: (0) — By: Jonathan Danylko — Tags: RSS

...So visit the RSS page and update your RSS links for the future.

More »

Beginner's Guide To RSS

Find out how RSS can deliver content directly to your desktop.

April 11th, 2006 at 5:12am — Comments: (0) — By: Jonathan Danylko — Tags: RSS

Most everyone in the technology industry has heard about RSS feeds, but according to a recent survey, the general public seems to be having a little bit of trouble understanding what RSS is and how to use it. This post is dedicated to those individuals who want to know a little bit more about what RSS has to offer.

What is RSS?

According to the Wiki, RSS is defined as follows:

RSS is a family of web feed formats, specified in XML and used for Web syndication. RSS is used by news websites, weblogs, and podcasting. The abbreviation is variously used to refer to the following standards:

  • Rich Site Summary (RSS 0.91)
  • RDF Site Summary (RSS 0.9-1.0)
  • Really Simple Syndication (RSS 2.0)

More »

What's an RSS?

Yahoo! and Ipsos Insight report that a small percentage of users know what RSS or Podcasting is.

January 2nd, 2006 at 2:20pm — Comments: (0) — By: Jonathan Danylko — Tags: RSS

Slashdot posted an article about users not knowing about RSS files or Podcasting.


According to Yahoo! and Ipsos Insight, few people know what RSS or Podcasting is. Here are the stats according to the report:

  • 4% of Internet Users use RSS, the remaining 96% don't even touch it.
  • 28% of Internet Users are aware of podcasting, but only 2% of that is actually using it.

Well, here is a crash course in RSS (podcasting will be in a later post)...

More »